Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / LNG
- - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-03-2015 13:22
Admittedly I've been out of the loop for 7.5 years, but the more I dig into it, the more it appears LNG has not taken a hit by the collapse of oil prices. In fact, it seems the opposite has occurred as judged by outward appearances. Working with a group at the moment who has several years worth lined up, and debating on calling it good with that contract.

So to point, before I commit to that 100%, for those in the field, are the above observations accurate?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-03-2015 14:40
I have a connection at Bechtel who said about the same.  Big LNG projects lined up (especially in the Gulf States)
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-04-2015 12:36
The work I am referring to is Bechtel's. They are backed up fourteen years worth or so I am told. There are other groups out there such as CBI. I am told their backlog is is on the same scale as Bechtel's ± two years. I know of 37 trains kicking off or soon to kick off unless something more out kills them.

However, none of that makes any sense when put up against the general collapse of O&G commodities. The only way it would make sense is if the other fossil fuels have taken a bigger hit than I realized?
Parent - By kcd616 (***) Date 08-04-2015 19:34
Bechtel:eek::sad::razz:
could be worse
could be Fluor:razz::evil::cry:
but not by much:twisted:
but I digress
and put in my personal feelings
and experiences in
sincerely,
Kent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / LNG