Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Trying to Improve pWPS/PQR/WPS using Weld Office
- - By Bowler_Hat (**) Date 02-19-2016 15:08
Hey All,

I'm told that Weld Office by C-Spec is an "Industry Standard'. That said it's advertised as a way to check near everything in the creation and documentation of pWPS/PQR/WPS.

That said...I've been having a bear of a time wrapping my mind around it since October last year (I've put in at least 2 hours a week in my own time). After multiple voice communications with their tech support I'm still at a level of ignorance that prevents me from making a single prequalifited WPS.

Even though my employer has provided this product, no one in the last 4 years of operation has anyone utilized it...and I can see why.

So my question to you, the educated masses is: Is there anyone in the forum that is experienced with this soft ware? And if so, can I hire them for a tutorial? Idealy, I'd just like to see a single PQR we have here in house entered into the form and the Weld Office data base, and the creation of a WPS off of that.

I should note that I've done this by hand up to this point...but much like the song goes, "Come mothers and fathers throughout the land, and don't criticize what ya can't understand....Oh the times they are a-changin'."

I see great potential in this program...but I'm just lost (can't even 'save as' or find the files on my computer).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-19-2016 20:16
I simply use MS Word and MS Excel to develop my welding documents. That way I'm not locked into a specific font, size, or variables that can be listed.

Al
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-19-2016 21:18
I previously worked as a support for Cspec and may be able to help. If you have some time, send me a message with a phone number and I will be glad too try to help.

Here is a video for creating a prequalified WPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82IwU_y_w88

What trouble are you having entering a pqr ?

Gerald
Parent - By MRWeldSoCal (***) Date 02-22-2016 19:17
I have been working with it for a few months now. We run all our AWS and ASME procedures and welder quals through it.  What exactly are you having trouble with?  You can deselect the code checker and write whatever you want.  I found I dont like it only cause it takes away the thinking haha.

J
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Trying to Improve pWPS/PQR/WPS using Weld Office