Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / QC Inspector Employment
- - By MrJuls (*) Date 03-09-2016 07:38
I have 14 Years experience in the construction and fabrication field. Level 2 QC Inspector in SA, and CSWIP 3.2.1 Senior inspector. I was thinking of doing the CWI Course and looking for work in the US. Now with the economy in a downward spiral, will I be wasting my time and money with this because I get the feeling a local US inspector will much more likely land a job there than me right?
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-09-2016 19:56
Juls,

How many times have you asked this same question in the last two years?
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-09-2016 23:08
Since may 2014 six times directly, two more indirectly that the question has been asked.

That said, it will be hard to make the leap politically, given S.Africa involvement with BRICS. It may be a better path to go into Brazil, Russia, India, China if he is just looking for a ticket out country.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-09-2016 23:53
Not to mention the times on Linked In.

BB
Parent - - By MrJuls (*) Date 03-10-2016 04:50
Didn't know I was being watched...guess I have my answer.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-10-2016 14:26
It's not so much "being watched" as it is that people here actually pay attention to the things that you say.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-10-2016 17:02
And we get tired of repeating ourselves, especially to the same person.  Not as frustrating when the question comes from a different person.  But really... if your memory is that short you better look for a different line of work
Parent - - By MrJuls (*) Date 03-11-2016 04:48
Ok kids....settle down. Maybe get off this forum for a while and do some work.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-11-2016 05:16
You just let me know when you put in 16-20 hours per day for 6 days per week. 

I sleep in the inspections office more than I do my own bed. 

Working a night shift gives me time to check this forum on a regular basis without taking away from all my work load.

i just completed 14.4 miles worth of walking the shop floor today. 

Wise ......  don't need mouthy people who keep asking the same questions.  Make a decision and get on with your life.  If you need someone to hold your hand and keep you company by making all your decisions for you you came to the wrong place.
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 03-11-2016 21:15 Edited 03-11-2016 21:23
MrJuls,

No need to go bopping 1/2 way around the planet.
I found ya one right in your neck of the woods.

AND!!! There's no need to be so condescending.
BUT... If that is your preferred approach then perhaps YOU should "Maybe get off this forum for a while and do some work"... do some research and find your own job. 

https://us.oilandgasjobsearch.com/Oil-and-Gas-Jobs/QC-Inspector-Jobs/QC-Inspector/Details/1151347?utm_source=job%2Balert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job%2Balert%2Bemail
This opportunity is obviously reserved and preferential to local talent. In a way, it should be. I'm not even going to bother emailing them even though I am experienced in these products.

We do try to help each other out.
I'm actually trying to secure a similar gig about 300km away. Right now, part time sounds good until I find that next dream job.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / QC Inspector Employment