Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fab Tech in Las Vegas for 2016
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-26-2016 00:24
Well,  this may seem a bit early to most of you but my wife plans our business and personal vacations early.

SSSOOOO, I am already booked for one of our resort stays in Vegas during Fab Tech with room for both the boys to join us.  We will be there Sat to Sat.  Personal time and business time. 

I have done Chicago and Darrell and I have done Vegas once.  Now I figure it is time to bring the newest member of our family welding and inspections business as well as my wife. 

Now when they get them posted I just have to decide what and how many PDH's I will add with conferences and seminars.  They have all been good so far.  Looking forward to it already. 

Also, Welding Thunder will be in the parking lot.  I invite you to drop by and see what it is all about.  A team welding competition started by Sam Colton of Western AZ College in Yuma, AZ.  They have been held in Yuma, Cottonwood, Phoenix, Kingman, and once in CA.  Now, at Fab Tech.  Come see some high school and college teams work on a project from start to finish working off portable power as in field fabrication skills. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 03-26-2016 05:22
I've been to Houston and Detroit. I'll bet Vegas is more affordable if you don't 'gamble'.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-05-2016 21:04
UUMMM???  I was referring to previous Fab Tech Conventions for the AWS annual meetings, conferences, and trade show. 

Houston and Detroit?  Not for Fab Tech was it?  Not in a good many years.  It does a rotation between Vegas, Chicago, and Atlanta.  But, no Houston or Detroit.

Brent
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 04-06-2016 01:57
I think really, Brent, you are quite correct. The Fab Tech moniker is new (to me). I suppose it was called the Welding Trade Show or something at the time, and I'm sure there's the addition of machining at FabTech. There was a marriage of trade shows if memory serves.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-07-2016 00:11
I understand, I have been to many other metal trades shows before AWS even sponsored one.  And yes, there have been many mergers of shows and organizations now are working together to produce one big show instead of dozens of little ones. 

You should check Fab Tech out.  It is very impressive from material handling to machining, to welding, to cutting, to you name it.

Brent
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 03-26-2016 16:49
My last trip to Vegas was a good bye present to myself just prior to deploying to Qandahar, Afghanistan.
I discovered the game of Roulette and that by betting $5 on each of the individual numerals in both my daughters' birthdates I could consistently hit some respectable returns on my investment.
When I got home, some quick crunching of the numbers showed that those "Free Drinks" were in the neighborhood of $300.00 a piece!
Parent - By Don56 (**) Date 04-05-2016 16:38
Just got back from Vegas last week.  Do you know what a $150 Bloody Mary tastes like?  Amazingly a lot like the $3 ones you pay for at the bars.  Don't plan on eating on the cheap in Vegas.  It's not like that anymore.  Food there is expensive. If you like sushi, there is a fantastic place called JJANGA.  It's off the strip and has the best yuzu yellowtail.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fab Tech in Las Vegas for 2016