Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Boredom + Spare Pancake equals....
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-24-2016 16:00 Edited 03-24-2016 16:10
Have had this brand new pancake around for awhile and I have envisioned something that was not your run of the mill, cookie cutter, bahhh, bahhhh, sheep style.

So after my journey out west and just loving the New Mexico landscape and the northern part of the state I wanted a reminder I guess. Yeah, yeah, sentimental, if your some hard a__ and gonna call me out in this post about it kindly go play hide and go ____ yourself.

Anyhow, raining, boredom, model paint and brushes at the ready with a picture of a general idea, cup of tea and away I went. I am quite pleased at how it turned out. Roadrunner is a sticker on this first run. Initially I was going to paint him but opted out for the sticker to get a feel of how it would turn out. Next time, I'll paint the whole thing.

So, I will no longer gild the lily and reveal my masterpiece! LOL!!
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 03-24-2016 17:17
The Art critic in me says an Acme Anvil needs to be in there somewhere.:cool:
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-24-2016 17:23
Haha!! Good point, Wile E. Coyote flying thru the air in the background attached to the anvil maybe!
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-24-2016 18:44
Nice work Shawn.  You should do that on the sides of towers while you're just hanging around.  :lol:  Like some of the art on bridges and water tanks.

Brent
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-27-2016 01:02
Could paint a few like Fozzy bears Studebaker!!

Not sure how the owners would feel about though.
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 03-26-2016 23:41
I like it!

Griff
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-30-2016 13:29
HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-14-2016 06:35 Edited 04-14-2016 06:41
Excellent! My only critique would be the light color being used to show the perimeter/outline of the road runner... I would instead use the color shown in the original drawing which is much darker... The exact color match of the background would be even better... Oh and I almost forgot, in the original drawing  there's a shadow beneath the roadrunner... You might want to include it with your work of art...:roll::eek::twisted::wink::lol::cool:

But then again, opinions are like as holes - everybody has one.:eek::roll::yell::grin::lol::wink::cool: Nice project.:cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-15-2016 01:10
The Road Runner is a sticker. This was my first attempt, originally was going to paint him but in the end chose the sticker for some reason. Yeah, when I put it on I realized I should have cut the white edge off before put it on. I already have plans for a new oxy/acetylene hose mount, lol!!! Since I won't be wearing my artsy shield. This one will be fully painted and if I can find my darn airbrush! :lol::lol:
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-26-2016 18:13
I like it!

It will be a shame to scratch it and get mud all over it.

Al
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-27-2016 01:04
My wife said the exact same thing and I told her that now I don't feel like using it! Might throw it back together and carry it with me to put on while getting ready then take it off and put on my beater to actually work with, a conversation piece if you will, LOL!! :lol::lol:
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 03-30-2016 10:58
Ummm....errrr.....what's a pancake?  Can't choke that down, even with a litre of maple syrup.

Tyrone
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Boredom + Spare Pancake equals....