Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Looking for a little help
- - By Stingray444 Date 06-20-2016 17:15
I'm looking for some help tracking down a CWI's Certification Verification. I can't find his CW# on anything.  Business card says "A.S.N.T. Level III, CWI, UT, PT, MT" Been online half the morning trying to find anything on him.  We have a Public Works job that needs him verified. Starting to get an uneasy feeling about this CWI. Called in and talked to the call center and they said to fill out an order form for cert docs, but it will take them 2-3 weeks to get back to me. Project cannot wait that long.

Anyone have any idea what options I might have?
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-20-2016 17:24
This has been an on-going problem with AWS. While the Certification Committee wants to open up the files to allow easy verification of the CWI's status, AWS Staff has been fighting us all the way for the last 10 years.

The individual in question should be able and willing to show you his credentials if asked. The wallet card has his number and his expiration date listed. If he isn't forth coming with the information, he probably isn't a current CWI.

Al
Parent - By Stingray444 Date 06-20-2016 17:48
Thank you very much!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Looking for a little help