Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / what this forum is about
- - By kcd616 (***) Date 07-21-2016 08:00
just IMHO
https://app.aws.org/forum/topic_show.pl?pid=218890
G.S. Crisi and Henry
read what they posted and shared
2 of the most knowledgeable people EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIP my very good friends
that is what this forum should be
just my thoughts
sincerely,
Kent
my role models for sharing knowledge
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-21-2016 12:56
I remember way back, probably around 2001 I had a fierce debate with Professor Giovanni S. Crisi. 

By the end of the thing, I was the student and he the teacher.

Professor Crisi was an innovator who always viewed himself and his country (Brazil) in a humble way.   His work and publications still stand today as a bulwark in his field.

He contributed to this forum for the singular reason of sharing his work and experience with a larger audience... Without fee... not for profit.   The Forum provided an "opportunity" for Professor Crisi to give.

The AWS decision makers should meditate on this example.   One that they facilitated.    One that this proposed change will wipe away forever...  

This is proposed change the very embodiment of "putting your lamp under a basket"
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-21-2016 13:04
I miss the Professor too. :cry:
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 07-21-2016 17:37 Edited 07-22-2016 12:48
Henry, Professor Crisi, Chuck Meadows, Dave Boyer, all had a great impact on this forum, and are a great part of why the search function is so valuable.
Who else am I forgetting? I feel like I should review their posts before they wind up being lost.

Getting depressed....
Tim
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-21-2016 23:35
Agreed Tim, we have lost a good many to the eternal here after as well as many who have moved on for various reasons.  Many were very valuable contributors and much missed.  Some took a lot of heat for their stands and some of the arguments were why they gave up.  Understandable.  Who wants to donate time, experience, knowledge, that was much sweated for financially, sacrificially of family time, money, and opportunities, and gave so much to get where they were and then take the time to share and get nothing but criticism from some who ....well, I'll stop there. 

The whole thing is going south.  I don't like it. 

Brent
Parent - By kcd616 (***) Date 07-22-2016 01:36
Brent,
south??????????
snowball going downhill
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-24-2016 03:19
So many Great posts by so many people passionate about sharing and gaining knowledge! Those and the others mentioned along with many of current company are exceptional in my book.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / what this forum is about