Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Combine 2 test results for 1 PQR
- - By binhjack (*) Date 08-18-2016 06:19
Hi all,

I am working on some PQRs to qualify the WPSs in accordance with the AWS D1.5-2008.

The specimens were sent to have some essential tests such as bend and tension tests but I forgot the impact test.

The question:

Is it possible if I send another plate to have the impact test then combine both test results to support the PQR of WPS? Is the WPS still valid?
For example:
- Testing result A: Side bend test, tension test
- Testing result B: Impact test
Parent - By Don56 (**) Date 08-18-2016 13:45
ASME Section IX recognizes this.  The CVN test only is considered a supplementary test and yes you can combine them to back up a new WPS.  Sorry I know nothing about AWS D1.5.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-18-2016 19:47
There is no allowance in D1.5 for using 2 plates. in which one has impacts and the other does not. The cost for bends and tensiles will be a small part compared to the impacts.

I don't have a 2008 D1.5 so I may be completely out of touch. I am still in the "studying" process in preparation for assisting a company with developing a D1.5 FCAW WPS. Plates coming in tomorrow.

Gerald
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Combine 2 test results for 1 PQR