Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Houstin Schools - Arclabs
- - By monkey_nunkey Date 08-30-2016 03:55
Long story short i was working offshore but thats now dead and i cant find work(other than retail or entry sales and i hate people and couldnt sell a thirsty man water - not to mention the $8/hr pay).

Welded quite a bit for my bachelors but am missing some technical stuff. Passed a 1G guided bend SMAW during school so i know i can weld. Dont need a1-2 year program (cant afford to go that long and already took welding in college) but i need training. Been looking at Arclabs Houston (used to be sparc academy) but cant find any reciews or info on the school

Does anybody have any info on this school?
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-31-2016 11:28
Some community colleges coffer courses that are short in duration that can sometimes be useful for building or rebuilding your skills received during training that occurred in the past.

The usefulness of the training for your particular situation is widely based upon your existing skills, how you learn, and how the instructor teaches. We offered a 40 hour course for $525.00 that had people that had had never welded and some that had 8-10 years experience. All of those improved skills.

Lincoln Electric and other mfgs have training schools that have 1 and two week courses that I myself would love to sit in on, just to watch em teach. They may also be a great resource.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Houstin Schools - Arclabs