Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / regarding rejection rate
- - By nonoy Date 11-11-2004 13:25
what is the minimum requirement of rejection rate %, to become the welder said to "stop weld"?
Parent - By swnorris (****) Date 11-11-2004 14:19
Hi nonoy,

If you're welding per AWS D1.1, you can stop a welder if you have a specific reason or reasons to question his ability. Other than that, you might check in the project documents and specifications to see if rejection rates are mentioned.
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 11-11-2004 22:21
I don't know of any written requirements, at least not in the structural steel codes. As SW said, you can remove a welder at any time for poor workmanship. I think the maximum reject rates are determined by managers who calculate how much rework can be tolerated for any one person.

Chet
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-11-2004 22:52

Never time to do it right

Always time to do it twice
Parent - By NDTIII (***) Date 11-13-2004 12:28
Any acceptable rejection rate has to be an agreement between the client and the contractor. Afterall, repairs cost money and are the responsibility of the contractor.
Some clients require a specific acceptable repair rate. Even on LSTK contracts. Its up to the client.
I am not aware of any code requirements regarding acceptable repair rates. Too much of a liability on the part of the code committee.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / regarding rejection rate