Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Conferences & Shows / Looking for info on the welder I just purchased
- - By Jtroffer Date 10-09-2017 01:29
I just picked up am old lincon 400sae at an auction for 50$ and it runs I an looking in to fixing it up any info I can find on it would be most helpful won't let me post pics so here is the info off the tag
serial#844876
Model 400sae4.236
Code 7764
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-09-2017 13:22
After you post your thread, a bar pops up along the bottom edge of your post with 'edit', 'attach', etc on it.  Use the 'attach' and see what happens.  It may take some getting used to and if I remember correctly only takes smaller pixel pics but it does work. 

I had an early 50's SAE-300 for years.  Great units.  Does yours have the six cylinder Continental engine with a magneto?  I know you can look them up with the serial number but I have to remember how to do it.  Maybe one of our regular rebuilders will come along and give you some pointers.  You should even be able to download a owners manual for it.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Conferences & Shows / Looking for info on the welder I just purchased