Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hoping to get some info on a tig welder for learner.
- - By ThunderStruck Date 01-29-2018 18:42
The learning being me. My name's Vincent, and I hope I'm posting in the right spot. So I'll get straight to it.

I've been looking at tig welders within a 700 and change price range to learn the process on, minus the cost for argon and consumables. The ones I've been looking at are the Lotos tig200, the Everlast Power-tig 200, and the Eastwood Tig200 AC/DC. A machine that'll be good for learning on and getting the ropes down, and maybe something I can use for small projects to help out friends, through schooling. Do any of these have a positive note in your books? If not, what others one would you suggest and why? I'll sponge up whatever info you give. Thank you for reading.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-20-2018 00:56
It would be very difficult for one to have all three of these and be able to give a true comparison. They are all lower price import machines that may have very similar components and capabilities. I have a longevity Plasma, DC Tig/Stick machine that has continued to be able to weld for 8 or 9 years. However The ESAB 235ic I got a few months ago has more arc time on it and welds the same.
The longevity machine no longer plasma cuts and power output has gone down about 25%.

One machine cost me $500.00 ish and the other $2000 ish.

Check out the manufacturers ebay and amazon reviews may be a good way to go.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hoping to get some info on a tig welder for learner.