Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Mitchell Tech Students
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-10-2018 17:28
I have noticed an influx of postings from the students at Mitchell Tech.
Just wanted to take a minute and welcome you all to the AWS forum.
- forum moderator
Parent - - By petersen Date 10-10-2018 18:04
Thank you for giving us a helping hand sir, also explaining what the right answers are, helps a ton!!
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 10-11-2018 11:35
A helping hand is fine. We encourage you to do some digging and thinking for yourselves.  It's the ones that don't even try, and want the answers on a silver platter, that rubs us the wrong way.  Good luck all on your studies.
Tyrone
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-11-2018 13:04
Thanks Tyrone, my thoughts exactly.  Trying to lead not actually give the answers. Although, some of these questions can really make you dig for answers. From the broad scope of questions,  I  feel the instructor is trying to get them to read D1.1 from cover to cover. One answer was literally on the 2nd or 3rd page...way before you get to the index.
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 10-15-2018 15:16
It's more the ones that obviously cut and paste the homework questions that burns me. But thinking back, some of my homework questions I didn't have a clue (but didn't have the internet as a resource).

Tyrone
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-15-2018 21:34
I do better finding my way through these codes of I sit down and read the book cover to cover. My memory isn't the best, but this read through gives me an idea of where to look once I've read it and saw how the book was laid out.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Mitchell Tech Students