Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tig welding
- - By awevans09 (*) Date 12-03-2004 01:01
I am 13 years old and i just bought my first lincoln sp 135 plus mig welder to do a few projects every now and then. Ive started to love welding and I am eager to learn new welding processes. I have heard that tig welding is hard but you can weld almost anything and make it look good and be strong.
If you have any sugestions about what kind of tig welder or other sugestions I would appriciate it.
Parent - By Mike W (**) Date 12-04-2004 20:07
That is pretty neat having your own machine at your age. I have a Miller Syncrowave 250 at work and I converted my old arc welder into a tig machine at home. Tig is much slower but if a metal can be welded, it will do it.
Parent - By weldette (*) Date 12-06-2004 22:36
TIG is a more trickery procedure however, it takes a more steady hand and cordination with both hands. It is along the lines of gas welding. With lots of practice you can do it. For me it was the one process I picked up quickly.
Parent - - By awevans09 (*) Date 12-07-2004 00:12
thank you for the replys. Is there a certain tig welder that you recomed for me?
Parent - By Mike W (**) Date 12-07-2004 04:41
There are many out there in different price ranges. Some are DC only and you need AC for aluminum. Take a look at a site like Miller or Lincoln to see some different ones.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tig welding