Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / ( Question ? )How to test quality of welding machine
- - By quangvietmk Date 07-30-2020 02:50
Dear all you guys.
I am a newbie here and I got a problem and I do not know how to solve that. I hope you guys can help me with some idea.
My boss wants to test a new type of welder machine and give him feedback about " how is good of that welding machine ". like
- How is stable of ARC
- Welding machines can make good welding visuals.
- etc...
I am so confused about what is critical acceptance of the welding machine. I check with some catalog or manual of Lincoln but do not have mention about that.
Can all you guys give me any idea about that? :cry::cry:
Thank you so much
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-30-2020 05:54
Tell us what kind of machine you are testing

Tell us what you want it to do

Material type/s & thickness etc.

Transfer mode/s

Heavy production or light?

Somebody in your shop should know about this stuff.

When you finish up, you will be that guy :)
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 07-31-2020 11:50
It sounds to me like he's asking you what you think of the welding machine. If he wants the machine certified there is people that can do that for you.

M.G.
Parent - By quangvietmk Date 08-05-2020 03:57
For this moment, our company wants to have so many opinions from everyone. If have any expert from any country or anyone is R&D in welding machine Please introduce that for me. We will negotiate and hire him.
All thing i need now is knowledge and information. Please
Parent - - By quangvietmk Date 08-03-2020 01:24
Dear friend,
I just use my welder machine before. Now my boss wants to judge a new welding machine. I am confused because I do not know. What is acceptance critical for judging a new welder machine?. So now I used 1 tool is Lincoln Arc tracker to observe Voltage and Current. So have any I deal about testing that ?
This is information about my welder machine :
- My welder machine used for GMAW, FCAW, SAW prcesses.
- The properties is 500 A. 45 V at 100% duty cicle.
- We hope it can used for stainless steel, and steel.
Thank you so much about your comment Friend.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-07-2020 11:34
Tell me more about this wire welding machine that needs to have 45 volts. The 500 amps at 100% duty is nothing special and can be useful, but this 45 volts....I've not seen anyone weld at 45 volts except during some experimental testing that I did.
Parent - By quangvietmk Date 08-07-2020 15:19
Thank you cause your opinion. Now I just make one test. Change power source from MIG to SAW. with 1.6 mm diameter. average Volt and Current is 42 and 420 ampe.
That I need is idea and knowledge from experts in here how to check what is importance factor that I must take care
Thanks and regard.
Parent - By quangvietmk Date 09-28-2020 06:58
Thank you friend. ít is why i want to know how to test this machine. For 500 A and 42 V I have one time to test with this parameter . When I used Lincoln Electric metacore 1.2 mm With 100 % Co2 for flat position . I used Flextec 650 with Feeder 25M.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / ( Question ? )How to test quality of welding machine