Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Best welding equipment
- - By Mr. Weld Date 03-17-2005 15:00
Generally speaking, who makes the best overall equipment. I know this a huge question, but does anyone have an experience where one brand consistantly is better than another?

Tom
Parent - - By pjseaman (**) Date 03-18-2005 00:10
This is the ford vs. chevy vs. dodge debate! Ilike Miller blue and Ford blue oval. But another guy will like Lincoln. The major players all make good machines. The trick is getting the machine that fits your pocketbook and does the job you ask of it. Red, blue, yellow, purple or whatever color if you find the model that fits your way of doing things and it works then that is it. I own a miller mig and a miller tig/stick and don't have any plans of jumping brands anytime soon.
Parent - By rangerod (**) Date 03-18-2005 03:59
pjseaman is correct in my book. There are some welders in paticular areas of welding that shine thru like Lincoln's engine pipe welders. I own mostly Lincoln products & some Miller & I have also welded with Thermal Arc, ESAB. In considering most of my purchases I compared both the machine class (Syncro 250 to Lincoln PT 275) & if it met my technical requirements I then proceeded to look for the best buy. Just make a choice out of the major welding equipment manufacturer's & you really can't go wrong. There is always going to be some lemons out there just like any other machinery & you migh be the unlucky one that ends up with one. Stay away from the off brand low dollar stuff & you'll be O.K.
Parent - By speedy8084 (*) Date 04-21-2005 01:37
I like Lincoln, but as a rule you should buy a good brand name so that consumables can be readily purchased..Brand x will not be available at your local welding suply store...
Parent - By adam 4 Date 04-23-2005 02:27
All i have to say is Big Blue Miller all the way. I wouldnt have it any other way.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Best welding equipment