Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln Invertec V275-S
- - By GOKHANYAMAN (*) Date 04-27-2005 12:31
Hello
I am planning to buy some quantity of Lincoln Invertec V275-S to weld stainless steel pipe, however I need a confirmation of below information.
May I ask you to confirm that:
Lincoln Invertec V275-S is one of the good welding machine from Lincoln.
However, there is no any information regarding with this welding machine has HF (high frequency) properties. There is one of advantage of this machine that:
"Touch-Start TIG™ design permits the DC TIG welding arc to be established without high frequency starting."
Is that samething with HF properties or its better than that (such as lift-tig).
Thanks for helping
Kind Regard.
Parent - - By GOKHANYAMAN (*) Date 04-29-2005 11:34
Hello again..
Does anybody may help me please to confirm that..
I had already wrote to Lincoln and I could not get any reply..

There are 3 options to buy welding machine with HF property..
1- Invertec V270-S (HF property is available)
2- Invertec V270-T (HF property is available)
3- Invertec V275-S (I think HF property is available but I am not 100 % sure to buy it)

I am planning to buy Invertec V275-S.. is it ok. to buy for SS pipe with GTAW process..

Thanks for helping
Regards
Gokhan
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 04-30-2005 04:43
http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=8966
That gets you to lincoln's page on the invertec V275-S. If you click on "more product information" a PDF with more information will come to you. This is an all DC machine (so no aluminum). I don't think it has HF nor do I see an option to add it on. Without knowing it to be so touch-start and lift-tig are probably trade names for similar systems.
Bill
Parent - - By TOMWELDS Date 05-03-2005 03:54
Let "Lincoln not getting back to you" be a sign of things to come...
Parent - By SA-200 (**) Date 05-04-2005 04:43
Maybe you should call them, I called them this morning and left a message and they called me back 2 hrs later and answered all my questions.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln Invertec V275-S