Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / lincoln vs miller tig welder
- - By tupper (*) Date 05-01-2005 20:14
what are the difference between the dynasty 200 dx and the invertec v205-t. i cant really tell a difference but what are the difference for those of use that use them?
Parent - By pjseaman (**) Date 05-01-2005 20:55
I prefer the Dynasty 200DX The adjustments are fairly similar. The adjustability seems simplier. The miller weighs less and in stick mode it is very sweet with the adjustable dig. I know several others with Dynasty machines and haven't heard a bad word amongst the group.

They are both quality machines and I'll admit it is a tough decision between them but I'd say use a D200DX and it will answer the question!

Love mine, good luck deciding.
pjseaman
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 05-02-2005 03:16
Unless they've changed, the Dynasty has the only full 200 amperage welding output at full ac weld frequency of 250 hz. The other machines limit amperage to frequency or frequency to amperage. The purpose for increased frequency is to narrow the arc cone which focuses the arc. That is using a sharpened tungsten. Try them both out at your distributor before buying. Good place to start for ac welding is 75-80 per cent time at negative and 90 to 120 hertz ac output. Write down your original settings and then change only one parameter. Return to original and change another parameter minimum to maximum setting. Write down what you see. Return to original settings and change another. Quite easy and not very intimidating.
Parent - By smaw8 Date 05-14-2005 15:29
I can't speak for the Invertec but the Dynasty I can. I own a 200 DX and have used a 300 DX quite a bit in the past. It really is a great machine. easy to use and able to do much more than I will ever use it for. You wont regret buying a Dynasty.
CPB
Parent - - By brande (***) Date 05-07-2005 06:03
Check each machine out on 6010 ( 5P ).

The earlier Miller examples would not run 5P, due to some open circuit voltage concerns ( I think ).

If all is ok, you really can't get hurt buying a machine from either Miller or Lincoln.

Good Luck

brande
Parent - By pjseaman (**) Date 05-07-2005 14:16
The Dynasty has an adjustable dig control that allows a stronger or weaker arc force, I run around 25 on 6011 or 6010 and 35-40 on 7018 and 55-60 in Ni99.

Hope this helps,
Parent - - By GRoberts (***) Date 05-08-2005 02:40
Other that the good points already made, for me the main difference was that the input power required for the Lincoln is a lot higher, so you can do a lot more with the Miller on a 115V circuit when 220V is not available. You also don't have to have as big of a 220V circuit to get full performance. I could also get the Miller from my local dealer for a couple hundred less.
Parent - - By pjseaman (**) Date 05-08-2005 03:11
Buy the miller you wont regret it, I love mine.

Peace
Parent - By kawgomoo (*) Date 05-25-2005 18:28
the lincoln wont go down as low on main amperage. my miller goes all teh way down to an amp, where the lincoln will only go down to about 6 amps. not that big of a deal, i only discovered this when welding my keychain back together.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / lincoln vs miller tig welder