Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln 135 110v Aluminum Kit
- - By Mathius (**) Date 06-01-2005 15:59
Hi guys,

I bought a Lincoln 135 machine a while back and have yet to use it. One of the things I liked about it was the aluminum kit was available. I needed a 110v for portability and this one is supposed to do up to 1/4" which seems to be the max for a 110 machine.

My question is regarding the aluminum kit. I was looking online at the contents listing and it seems like I have to change out the liner, the spool, the tips, etc. I had figured it was more like just adding a spoolgun or something. I'm guessing that setting the machine up for aluminum, running steel through the aluminum liner is going to ruin it, correct? So I'll have to swap the whole setup over between aluminum and steel, correct or no?

Mathius
Parent - - By mksqc (**) Date 06-01-2005 17:36
YES YOU ARE CORRECT YOU CANNOT RUN THE SAME LINER WITH ALUMINUM TO STEEL OR STEEL TO ALUMINUM BECUSE THE RESIDUE LEFT IN THE LINER WILL CONTANINATE THE WELD. i HAVE TWO WHIPS SET UP SO CHANGING OVER IS EASY
Parent - - By Mathius (**) Date 06-01-2005 21:17
"Whips" ? Is that an extra gun?
Parent - By QCCWI (***) Date 06-01-2005 21:37
Yes an extra whip is an extra gun. After you change the liner back and forth a couple of times you will want one too.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln 135 110v Aluminum Kit