Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I need some serious help!!!
- - By oglesbywelds (*) Date 07-27-2005 04:20
I had recently left a company with very little welding duties to another job that I thought was going to satisfy my welding appetite. Nope! This particular job has about the same amount of welding duties, also. What I need is a job that can take and mold me into the welder that I know I can be. I have 10 yrs. experience in GMAW,FCAW,SMAW (with a variety of apps) and very little man hours on TIG. I can do your basic flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead. It's tigging the pipe that I have difficulty in. Just need more man hrs. I am no stranger to hard work either. I so desperately want a job that can satisfy my appetite and make me feel depended on and to know at the end of the day I can say I love what I do. Seeking professional advice.

Thanks, Sam
Parent - - By pjseaman (**) Date 07-27-2005 17:30
Where do you live, do you want to relocate, what would your dream job involve welding? Do you want to weld race cars or skyscrapers or sanatary piping? Just the info you have given isn't enough.

Peace,
Parent - - By oglesbywelds (*) Date 07-29-2005 03:05
Hey PJ what's goin on? Well...that's the problem. I don't know exactly how to apply my love for welding. Meaning, I've been in and out of the shipyards and on and off the military ships since 1995. To make a long story short I want to learn welding outside of structural. Something that requires skill (not to say it's not easy working in the shipyards). Something that deals with cutting, fabricating,leveling, squaring off...making things. I think of stuff maybe like bikes and cars. I want to learn how to fabricate better, TIG better, try and gain more experience than welding studs to bulkheads or welding pipe to the overhead deck to fillet welding and tack welding. I know there is something else out there. Just don't know where at. Each job that I go to I will gain that much more knowledge and expereince. It does take time. I know that.

Thanks Sam
Parent - - By pjseaman (**) Date 07-29-2005 03:54
Sam what part of the country are you in, there are members all over and some of them are frequently looking for energetic foreward looking talent.

I know a couple that have looked here for employees.

pjs
Parent - By oglesbywelds (*) Date 08-04-2005 02:11
PJ-
I reside in Southern California. And where is "here"? I am beginning to realize that I need to have some years under my belt before I can actually go out and say that I need a job that is rewarding at the end of the day. Don't you think? Not being sarcastic just wondering what your opinion is. My thoughts weigh heavily on this but it all comes down to me having more man hours I guess...what do you think? What I am going to do after this overseas job is go to school for metallurgy courses and some ROP welding classes. Agreeing with myself on doing this I feel that this is the right step to take. Because eventually I want to begin my own Mobile Welding business. This too will take time. Any suggestions concerning the education part.

Thanks, Sam
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I need some serious help!!!