Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / what more should i have
- - By bobby1 (*) Date 08-22-2005 09:16
here is a list of my qualifications all though some i have not practiced for 9 years.BASIC PRECISION LAYOUTS, INSPECTION AND TESTING,POWERSAWS,DRILLING MACHINES,GRINDING MACHINES, MILLING MACHINES, LATHES AND TURNING MACHINES,CNC, INTERPRET BLUE PRINTS, OFW,SMAW,GMAW,GTAW,FCAW,AND THERMAL CUTTING. I really do not know what els to get maybe someone can explaine if college is the next step in order to expand my welding knowledge and what classes I should take. I think that becoming a welder inspector that travels to inspect welds would be great and what away to help others see what is wrong and help them become better. I dont know just throwing an idea out there. thanks
Parent - By supermechanic (**) Date 08-22-2005 14:51
Pipe welding demands a whole lot of skill development. Might try that before getting your CWI.
Parent - By superK (*) Date 08-24-2005 01:05
I guess i am lucky that i just love welding. It makes it easy to go to work. I have many abilities, and a good head for mechanics, and while i could probably operate anything that is used in construction, i limit my resume to things that i could enjoy doing 40 hours a week for the next 30 years, and leave the rest to be revealed at my leisure. focus on a few things, and see what doors that opens maybe.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / what more should i have