Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Contractor Insurance
- - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 08-31-2005 11:40
I have just been informed that my insurance underwriter no longer will be covering a Welding Contractor, or in house Fabrication companies as of Jan, 2006. So two weeks ago I began the search for liability insurance coverage. Every insurance company wants the business until I say "Welding" and they jump back and say they don't cover welding. We are a small fab shop with mobile service also. I was hoping that some of you self employed welding contractors could give me some contacts or recommendations of insurance companies that cover your needs.
Thanks
MDG
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 08-31-2005 18:08
Check out this link for a past thread concerning this subject

http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?id=5169#25076
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 09-02-2005 15:02
I did check all of the past post before I asked, just missed this one you put in. The past post were only talking of insurance, not where to get it. That's what I was looking for, where does everyone get their liability coverage from at a good cost???
Parent - By beracah (*) Date 09-26-2005 02:56
MDG,

I had a very difficult time finding a provider when I started working independantly, but I finally found a local broker for the "Flatiron Capitol Corp." They have reasonable rates and I have had no trouble with them so far.

I don't have a phone number since I go through my local dealer but I would imagine you could do a web search. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Beracah
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Contractor Insurance