Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / welding equipment rate
- - By bookster32 Date 08-22-2005 17:13
What would be a typical hourly rate for a 1-1/4 ton flatbed truck equipped with diesel powered welding machine, an oxygen/acetylene welding and cutting torch, a diesel powered 100 CFM air compressor with pneumatic grinders, ratchet wrenches, hoses, and other tools usually associated with work of this type?
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 08-22-2005 20:10
Our rates depend on the application we are doing. If you charge a flat rate no matter what, you stand to be overpriced on some things, and under on others. If you are SMAW welding cast iron then it is higher than just SMAW welding a tooth or shank on a hoe. If you are doing code inspected pipe, or repairing a crack in a mower deck the job requires different skills. The range is $85- $155 in the southeast MI and northwest OH areas where we operate. I'm sure everyone will have a different price range for everyplace in the country. You might get 5 different prices from 5 companies in the same town, just depends on which one has time for the job, and which one needs to make time. You will see the difference reflected in the price.
Parent - By beracah (*) Date 09-26-2005 03:15
Here in the north-eastern Colorado area, I operate a truck with many of the same features plus a 1-ton capacity crane and I generally charge $60 per hour, a little less if I am subing for someone else and am getting paid promtly.

Welders in the Denver area charge more but don't seem to stay as busy as us up here on the high plains!?

Beracah
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / welding equipment rate