Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / lincoln mig welder problems
- - By plowboy47 Date 09-27-2005 23:17
I put gas on my litlle licoln 110 mig welder. Loved every minute of welding with it and basked many hours in welding glow. Sadly though, it has now developed problems. It will burn the wire right up into the gun on low amperage before it ever strikes an arc. I turn the settings up and it will at least weld but not very good. Has anybody had this trouble and what if any was the fix? Thanks for your help.
Parent - By leon phelps (**) Date 10-25-2005 00:48
have you tried turning the amperage down?
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-25-2005 11:02
Is your tip clean? Is it the correct size for the wire you run? Tension wheels set too tight(deformes the wire to where it won't feed correctly)? Dirty liner? Wire feed set too low for the voltage?
Just throwing out some ideas for you to check.
John Wright
Parent - - By labtechy (*) Date 10-27-2005 13:56
Plowboy,
I'll add to John's questions here. I own the same machine. Try a new cable liner, clean the machine, check your rollers. These have a very low duty cycle. Are you over doing the machine? Check all your conections too. What size wire and who makes it?
I have seen the wire get magnetized and pick up dust & grinding burrs from the job and raise havoc on these little machines.
Good luck and let us know!
Parent - By acs welding Date 10-28-2005 12:52
also when you switch from flux cored wire to gas shielded wire u have to run it on dc+ instead of dc- have u switched it ?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / lincoln mig welder problems