Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Mig welder wanted/needed
- - By ToTalXS Date 10-02-2005 18:33
hello all....i am very new to welding. So new i dont have a welder. I am looking for a used welder to do small mild steel projects. i have been looking at the miller 175/ hobart handler 180 type welders. I am serious about this i just cant afford the prices new brand name units bring. So if anyone is willing to part with a Mig welder for a reasonable price please dont hesitate to email me. my big project is for next year... i want to build a jr. dragster for my son.... but i know i need to practice practice practice before i bild something that will hold my 8yr olds life....prolly try a go cart first this winter....thanks again
-Shawn
Parent - - By lisasekiko (*) Date 10-11-2005 04:01
Hi Shawn,

how are you? i have a friend who live in california and he is selling the good welder with reasonable price too . could you call to him for an quote price 001-760-9678299 ,wish they can help you .thank you.
Parent - By ToTalXS Date 10-12-2005 01:53
nice try but im not calling outside the country to get one of your pos chineese welders...
Parent - - By rob_kabob Date 10-14-2005 23:44
I have a millermatic 185 for sale, asking $600 obo. Comes w/ everything.
email me rob(underscore)kabob(at)hotmail(dot)com
and/or post to this reply
Parent - - By ToTalXS Date 10-15-2005 00:18
emailed...thanks
Parent - - By MikeLorrey Date 11-15-2005 17:33
When you are ready to buy consumables for that Millermatic, or whatever you wind up getting, let me know, we can supply you with direct replacement MIG guns, tips, nozzles, insulators, liners, etc typically for less than OEM prices, while being either the exact same parts, or our own improved versions.
Parent - - By turbo38t (*) Date 12-07-2005 23:38
That is a USA phone number, he is probably just Mexican or an out of stater....001 is just the prefix you use when calling from other countries into the USA> Dave
Parent - By MikeLorrey Date 12-16-2005 15:25
"The geographic area currently served by the 760 code extends east and southeast from the beach in northern San Diego County, to the Nevada, Arizona and Mexican borders. It includes northern San Diego County, Palm Springs, Death Valley, the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada, and Imperial County. "

The phone number is for a firm specializing in "electronic harassment" located in Oceanside, CA. Looks like a spammer to me.
Parent - - By welderseller (**) Date 12-30-2005 21:15
Any luck on finding a mig welder?What kind of price range do you have??
Parent - - By ToTalXS Date 12-30-2005 23:13
actually i have purchased a new hobart 140.....this was after much discusion with my father who owns a millermatic 130....he has built 15 trailers and 5 stock cars with this welder with no failed welds.....so i decided the hobart 140 should suit my needs quite well.. the fella at the shop said he is a warranty shop as well so i wont have much hassle with that. thanks for all who replied....i will be in need of consumables as im sure a newbie like me will be goin through them like mad.....lol
-Shawn
Parent - By peter-magic (*) Date 02-14-2006 09:27
Dear Shawn.
I can supply a weld machine for you any type what you want,i am a manufacturer in china,and we have more than 10 years experience in welding machines. if you are interested in our machines pls contact me
peter@rilandweld.com
Tel: 86 755 27474208 Ext. 256 fax:86 755 27364108
i will sent the photo and main technical parameter to you
and the price is cheaper than others
waiting for your reply
have a nice day
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Mig welder wanted/needed