Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Welding Techniques
- - By waqas Date 10-05-2005 18:38
Pls let me know WHAT IS THE MEANING OF
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-05-2005 19:30
I don't fully understand your question.
John Wright
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 10-05-2005 20:08
Awww, c'mon John! Haven't you ever read books on Zen, Neiche, and other existentialists??? Let's just go back to our algebriac days and plug in "X" where there should be a term, lololo!!!!!
Parent - - By - Date 10-05-2005 21:49
This post reminds me of my college days when I would start a sentence and forget what I was saying....Of course I had contributing factors...LOL
Parent - By dlmann (**) Date 10-05-2005 22:38
Chuck:
You are just the man I'm looking for!!!! Please read my post on the technicial forum corncerning the Avesta filler metal 253 ma data sheet.
Regards Donnie Mann
Parent - - By dschlotz (***) Date 10-07-2005 01:49
It could mean a stringer or weave bead. It could mean backstep welding. It could mean to weld a little here and then a little there to alow the heat to disapate. It could mean to prebend a weldment so that after welding it would be flat. It could mean to restrain the weldment until it cools to keep its shape.

I hope this points you to your answer.

Dennis
Parent - - By - Date 10-07-2005 01:56
Dennis,
It could also mean....there I go again.. start a sentence and forget what I was thinking. I guess brain cells never replenish themselves..;-)
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-07-2005 07:02
Deauu - deau deau!!! = Vacuum Head!!!
Parent - - By dschlotz (***) Date 10-07-2005 13:42
Chuck,
Many of the participants in the forum are from foreign countries and don't possess English skills. I responded as if that were the case. If the guy is a joker then he got me.

Dennis
PS Think BBQ and smell the aroma!
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-07-2005 14:05
I'm thinking the poster started to ask a question and then changed his/her mind about posting and possibly didn't understand how to back out of the screen without hitting the "POST" button.
John Wright

SS,
Did you get my email? Just checking.
Parent - - By - Date 10-07-2005 14:20
Dennis and John,
I was just making light of the Post because I've done the same thing...Start saying something and immediately lose my train of thought. I was not trying to be disrespectful or anything like that, and are definitely not saying you are saying that at all. I just thought it was kind of funny because it reminded me of myself a few years back. ( and occasionally today... ;-) I, too, think the Post changed his/her mind and didn't know how to delete the whole thing.

Chuck
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-07-2005 14:29
"I was just making light of the Post because I've done the same thing...Start saying something and immediately lose my train of thought."

Me too Chuck,....me too. :) LOL
Sometimes I have half a mind to do something and then I forget what it was I was trying to do. I can't even blame it on being on the otherside of fourty, because this started many years ago with me.
John Wright
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 10-07-2005 14:34
What is the meaning of?? It could mean lots of things, but once it is properly analyzed, the answer is obvious. It simply means that a binary, radioactive isotope on a crystallographic plane has caused an alarmingly high temperature distillation in the selenium rectifier cell. Consequently, the voltage drop across the cell has a seriously adverse, yet subtle effect on the propagation of the tandem wheel arrangement in conjunction with the dissociation of the reducing agent as it relates to the polar orientation of the regulator screw. The resulting carburization of the matrix causes abnormal grain growth demagnetization of the faying surface within the magnetic field. When this happens, the backup to the secondary circuit engages and it’s Katy, bar the door.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-07-2005 14:38
LOL, Scott are you OK? Because you bound to have bumped your head :)
(that's pretty funny stuff right there)
John Wright
Parent - - By QCCWI (***) Date 10-07-2005 14:39
I don't know what you just said but I got the urge to run for some odd reason.LOL
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-07-2005 14:46

Run indeed.

With rhetoric of that clairity he could be a senator!
Parent - By QCCWI (***) Date 10-07-2005 15:04
I bet Scott has one of those Bomb Squad shirts.You know the one that say Bomb Squad If you see me running try to keep up.
Parent - - By - Date 10-07-2005 18:11
Scott,
I agree with you totaly because it's.....Oh God, there goes that burned up brain lapse again. And I really thought I could finish this sentence without losing track again. Geez, this Forum is affecting my memory. This is exactly why I call my wife Honey, because half the time I can't remember her name.
Parent - - By OSUtigger (**) Date 10-07-2005 18:26
I used to finish my sentences but then i
Parent - - By QCCWI (***) Date 10-07-2005 18:29
Went to college?

JUST KIDDING LOL
Parent - By - Date 10-07-2005 19:03
"Went", didn't say stayed awake. Well, I think I did, I can't remember. The only thing I definitely remember is when
Parent - - By OSUtigger (**) Date 10-07-2005 20:38
LOL. What's bad, is that if I hadn't been staring at the same problem for the last 2 hours because I can't get the right answer, I might take offense to that. Why would anyone want to send torque through two pieces of flat strap anyway? Sometimes I wonder why I... page 176 shows the... Curse Shigley... Where did I put my penci--how did it get there?...

Crud, what was I doing again?
Parent - By - Date 10-07-2005 22:04
This has been the best thread I've seen in a long time. Welders and Engineers can co-exist and have a good time in spite of it all. The only thing I can say is that when we all
Parent - By - Date 10-07-2005 22:05
Sorry, I lost my train of thought again. I was saying
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-07-2005 18:52
Ok Scott,
Now I'm with ya! :)

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000062V8Q.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

John Wright
Parent - - By dschlotz (***) Date 10-07-2005 23:13
Chuck,
In all of the time I have spent on the forum I have never
But I think he got me

Who am I sup...
Parent - - By - Date 10-08-2005 00:39
Dennis, you're worrying me a little here...When I raised horses, it was always the mare that..but, regardesss, when you say things like that, well, I know what you're talking about, but John and the rest of the guys told me the same thing. I agree with you that it pretty much never happens, but if it does, well, it still won't equal to the maximum of the rest of the cost. I think we need to agree that we all concentrate on being
Parent - By dschlotz (***) Date 10-08-2005 21:40
Well said
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Welding Techniques