Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Prest-O-Weld cutting torch
- - By tdezellem Date 10-13-2005 01:47
I have a Prest-O-Weld P/N CW-110 cutting torch. I needed tips so went to local welding supply. They sold me 4202 series tips. The center hole the oxygen blow doesnt seat right in the cutting head. Reason I say it doesnt seat is when I light the torch the center hole lights a flame as well as the preheat holes. Also when I hit the trigger the flame blows out. Does anybody have any ideas ? Do I have the right tips ? Does anybody have a working cutting head they want to sell ?
Thanks
Tim
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 10-13-2005 06:07
Sounds like you've diagnosed the problem correctly. I'd just take torch, tip and all back to the welding supply and ask them to sort it out.
Bill
Parent - By tdezellem Date 10-14-2005 03:07
Well its not that easy. Seems they dont know as much as I would like. Been to several shops in town and no one knows. I did chuck the tip up in my metal lathe and machined it to where it seats correctly and works well. Thanks for the advice. Tim
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Prest-O-Weld cutting torch