Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Old Miller HF-P
- - By SteveBielski Date 11-06-2005 19:09
I have the opportunity to buy an old Miller HF-P tig welder, but I don`t know much about it. It looks like an ac/dc machine and it has high frequency start but I can`t tell much more about it. It looks quite old. It has these stick shift-looking levers for the ac and dc adjust that run up and down the front of the panel on the sides, and the old Miller logo.

Has anyone ever used one of these? And if so, how did you like it?

Thanks!
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 11-09-2005 14:51
Is the name Dialarc HF-P? If it is, then the P stands for Power Factor Correction. Does this package have torch, weld cables and a remote amperage control device? How much money for this package? If you are going to weld alot of aluminum you may want buy the Miller Syncrowave.
Parent - By SteveBielski Date 11-21-2005 01:57
Yes, this is a Dialarc HF-P. It was made in 1975. It came with a Weld-tec torch that was missing the collet ,cup and backcap. It has a foot peddle remote. It also came with an argon regulator and a wheel kit. (Good thing too. It weighs over 400 lbs!) I had to make up a new ground cable, and was able to tape up the foot control cables. They were pretty beat up. I was able to download a manual off the Miller website.

All in all, this is a great machine. It ain`t pretty but it works really well. I bought it for tig mainly but I hear it does stick really well. I haven`t tried it for stick yet. (I have a old Lincoln tombstone at work that I`m used to using for arc.)

I paid $300 for the Dialarc and think I got a really great deal. $300 bucks for a decent tig machine is pretty good these days...
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Old Miller HF-P