Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / material correspondance
- - By mjf (*) Date 11-10-2005 13:05
can somebodt please tell me the correspondance in ASME, ASTM or ABS of "OX812"? OX812 is the material my client want to get some repair done on a mobil crane.
thanks to help me.
Parent - - By chall (***) Date 11-10-2005 13:29
I am unaware of that specification, but would suggest strongly that you contact the crane manufacturer prior to any welding. They use some pretty high strength materials and unless you know what their repair procedure is, you may cause unintended consequences.

Charles
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 11-10-2005 19:07
If I remember well, Charles has already given this suggestion on some other posting in this Forum and I agreed entirely with him.
DON'T weld anything on the crane boom or counterweight without having asked first for the manufacturer's instructions.
If you make a weld and something goes wrong (Murphy's law !!), the responsibility will be all yours. A crane boom weld that brokes can cause a disaster.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - - By PhilThomas (**) Date 11-10-2005 15:02
It is a 100ksi high strength Q&T steel. Look at p.13 in the following:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr105.pdf
Parent - By mjf (*) Date 11-14-2005 10:07
thanks for your help phill
best regards
Parent - By mjf (*) Date 11-14-2005 15:19
the crane manufacturer ask me to use an ox812 plate and for the moment i'm on the field(at sea). i have an 8mm plate that we use to repair a crane boom, i don't know exactly the grade but there is *DRILLIMAX 690* marked on that plate.
can you tell me the mining of this?
thanks.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / material correspondance