Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / hf251d on a trailblazer 302 weld alum?
- - By dandimand Date 11-14-2005 00:31
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need a little more info on how this unit works . can you just hook up your cables to it from the welder and it become a portable tig unit does it have the solenoids for gas built in? can you hook a foot pedal from an aerowave to it and how well does this combination work on aluminum and would you just use a balled tungsten for aluminum work your thoughts would be helpful as Im seriously thinking of buying both these units as i can get a smokin deal brand new. or am i better off buyin a dynasty 200dx to power off the machine . i dont really want the extra expense as it will be used only for mobile as i use a full feature aerowave in my shop .basically does it work as well as an older transformer based machine with a hi freq added to it ? my dealer is not that knowlegeable and i asked this question on the miller board but havent really gotten the answers i was looking for . so do you just plug your cables from the 302 to the hi freq unit and if you want to take the hi freq unit lets say 50ft away and hook up your argon bottle and foot pedal does the remote amperage work off the hi freq unit?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-14-2005 01:09

Aerowave is not a first choice mobil unit. Long cables be problematic in AC aluminum performance with all the current control options. Frankly I wouldn't want to risk a Ten Thousand Dollar power supply on bumpy mobil work unless your welding on the space shuttle.

However I see no need for a High freq box for either Aerowave or Dynasty.

Millers website has a ton of information on how to prep electrodes for both aerowave and dynasty.
Parent - - By dandimand Date 11-14-2005 01:53
re read the question i want to buy a 302 gas powered and have a hi freq unit on it a trailblazer i use the aerowave in my shop just wondering if the foot pedal will work on the hf251 so i dont have to have two foot pedals . I want to know how the 302 with the hf251 works on aluminum tig.
Parent - By metallord (*) Date 11-14-2005 02:57
you have to check the number of pins that are in the plug of your foot pedal,then make sure the recepticale you want to plug it in to will accept that number of pins.it should work,the 14 prong plug is pretty common if thats what you have on your foot pedal.
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 11-14-2005 14:32
Miller's 14 pin connections are all interchangeable with all their equipment. The Trailblazer's 14 pin receptacle accepts the foot control, hand control and finger tip controls for voltage or amperage. It also has 24 volts to drive a wire feeder. Not all of Miller's machines will have 24 volts to drive a wire feeder an example is the Syncrowave TIG welders. The HF box plugs into the Trailblazer receptacle and the remote control device plugs into the HF box. The one "problem" with the Trailblazer's one receptacle is to multifunction with the different controls and feeders. They have to be unplugged and changed. You can't leave them all plugged in at one time. Oh by the way, The AC arc is very good with the Trailblazer with a HF box.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / hf251d on a trailblazer 302 weld alum?