Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Survey
- - By WCCPixiegirl (*) Date 11-17-2005 16:16
---OK i know im posting like crazy but this one is for my capstone
Which chopper company would you perfer to buy a chopper from?
-Orange County
-West Coast Choppers
-Indian Larry
-Red Neck Ingenuity
-Big Bear Choppers
-A builder who doed not have ther own company- a local builder or something like that

-----I'm not sure if we are alowed to post surveys or not, so if where not just yell at me or something >_<
-Amanda Sue Peterson
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-17-2005 17:12
Well, that would be a hard decision for me(if I had that kind of money to throw around). I like the styling of certain builders and I like the workmanship of others, so I'd have to give this one more thought before answering completely. I never had that kind of money so the thought never really entered my mind, LOL.
John Wright
Parent - - By Benesesso (*) Date 11-17-2005 19:36
The mere thought of OC's Mikey being involved with anything I might ride would churn my stomach--not that I'd ever ride a HD chopper.

No, I'd like a bit of good engineering in my bike; there's enough problems with cagers out there as it is.
Parent - By chall (***) Date 11-17-2005 19:41
Same here. I'll stick to the dependability of my R1150GS :)
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 11-17-2005 20:11
Ditto about OC...
I'd go with Amen Motorcycles out of Rogersville, TN.
But like John, I'm a poor boy too...

Tim
Parent - - By QCCWI (***) Date 11-17-2005 20:32
I would have to find a way to steal Kid Rock's West Coast Chopper just because I would get less time for grand theft of the bike than I would for robbing the bank so I could afford to buy a West Coast Chopper.

I agree with the Mickey thing too. I would be scared to buy a bike from a shop that he pushed a broom in. I believe they said on one show Mickey used to work construction. I bet that was a scary for alot of people.
Parent - By WCCPixiegirl (*) Date 11-18-2005 00:07
I dispise them greatly, I have a complete love for Jesse James and his beautiful work....If you cant tell from the name--(W)est (C)oast (C)hoppers...He is my idol and inspiration. It is because of him i want to build choppers myself. I tend to wear to wcc wrist bands, a necklace, shirts everyday, and haave a huge poster of jesse on my ceiling. As for OC, all they do is fight and the thing that REALLY ticks me off is that they hardley ever build there own frames or tanks, the always use someone elses or motify off of them!!!!!!!!!!! I can go on and on----
Parent - - By Cat Mechanic (*) Date 11-19-2005 22:54
If you want to see a unique bike check out www.radicalcycles.com
They are a company out of Des Moines, Iowa. Click on the buttons titled Big One and For Sale. The bike they have pictured is their own design from the frame to the tank. The motor is a 190 inch(yes you read that right 190 cubic inch!) Hyperformance. They had this bike and a few others on display at the Knoxville Nationals sprint car race this year. They never did start it due to the fact the starter drive was busted. They had just come back from Sturgis and hadn't been back to their shop to replace it. The owner of the company told me they were having a hard time finding a starter drive that will hold up, he also said they were working on a bigger engine(220 inch if I remember right). If you want to see more pictures of the bike than they have on their website let me know, I've got some good ones I could e-mail to you.
Jim S
Parent - - By WCCPixiegirl (*) Date 11-20-2005 02:17
ok well, i tried to look at it but the websites not coming up, it sounds amayzing! I guess, if you would just send me some pics
thanks alot
-ASP
Parent - - By Cat Mechanic (*) Date 11-21-2005 00:20
Sorry about that! Try www.radicalcycle.com My clumsy fingers/mind threw in an extra s in there! Anyway I'll e-mail the pics I have also.

Jim
Parent - - By SA-200 (**) Date 11-21-2005 01:56
I would rather build my own, that way i know what i got...
Parent - By WCCPixiegirl (*) Date 11-21-2005 23:38
Ya I know what ya mean, I cant wait till i get mine!!!! Its going to be a few years but I can wait. If anyone has pictures of their own creations I would love to see them
-ASP and thanks again Jim
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Survey