Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Underwater Welding Information
- - By tedswanson Date 12-03-2005 20:14
I am a student doing a report on underwater welding and I am having a hard time finding good information. Any suggestions?
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 12-04-2005 05:43
Hello tedswanson, in my neck of the woods there is a school called the Divers Institute, I'm sure that you can find them via the internet. They are located on Lake Washington in the state of Washington. There are also a few other schools in Texas and California and Lousiana I believe. If I missed any I'm sure there are many others out there who will chime in to let you know about others. Do a Google search and I'm sure you will find others too! Good Luck, aevald
Parent - By gndchuck (**) Date 12-05-2005 05:19
There are a couple of dive companies in Lousiana that offer underwater welding to costumers, Oceaneering Int'l and Global Divers. I can't remember who you could talk to over at Oceaneering, but at Global you could try and talk to Tom Reynolds, 800-525-3483. I can answer some of your questions, I've been doing the underwater welding thing for 8 years. There are others out there, but I suspect like me they are offshore trying to do repairs from the hurricanes. Good luck.

Charles Welch
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Underwater Welding Information