Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / stinger outlet, help
- - By ivel Date 12-10-2005 14:20
I am looking for the name of the company that manufactures a stinger, that has a detachable power outlet, so you can plug in a grinder and whatnot and whathaveyou. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I saw this product on a website once, now I cant find it to buy it. Ivel
Parent - By lake (*) Date 12-12-2005 00:50
Hi, Ivel,
You can make your own very easily! I like a dual outlet plug receptacle box, 8-10 feet double stranded electrical cord, a large alligator clip or battery charger clamp to attach for the ground side and a piece of flat copper attached to the other wire for your stinger to attach to. Make sure your grinders etc. will work off DC power or you can burn up the switch in the tool. Your grinder won't operate as efficiently because the open circuit welding voltage isn't over 85-90 volts dc max. These things are great for small jobs when pulling out a long extension cord is a hassle, but don't expect your grinders or drills to have near the power that they would with full 115-120v, so don't push them too hard. You can also cut the male plug end off a short extension cord, split the cord so you have a convienient length and add the ends as indicated above. I like a hook loop on the receptacle box so I can hang it out of the way. Regards, Lake
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / stinger outlet, help