Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / FeedBack on panasonic mig/plasma unit
- - By pan gunslinger Date 11-26-2005 03:06
Some what new to welding, and decided to purchase a Panasonic welder.
I have heard nothing but good about panasonic manufacturing, so I went with my instinct to believe that it is a good unit. This particular unit is the 260P mig/plasma machine. All in one unit. I ordered it the other day and have not yet received it. Certainly cant wait to get my hands on it and fire it up.

I would like to hear from experienced welders who may have some knowledge on this unit. Good or bad news highly appreciated.
Parent - - By SWP (**) Date 11-28-2005 21:53
Had never heard of a mig/plasma cutting combination, so I looked up your machine, http://industrial.panasonic.com/ww/i_e/29865/fa-awm_e/fa-awm_e/gunslinger_e.html . Have only seen Panasonic demonstrated at the weld show. Seems like they were one of the early manufactures to really get into custom wave shaping for the high dollar pulsed mig units, before Lincoln, and Miller I think. Once you get a change to use it, let us know what you think.
Parent - - By awill4wd (**) Date 11-30-2005 09:17
Check out Ed Craig's site at http://www.weldreality.com/default2.htm I think you could safely say he's not a fan of Panasonic products.
Regards Andrew.
Parent - - By sparx (**) Date 11-30-2005 13:21
Actually, Ed Craig isn't very fond of the robotics division of panasonic. I have sold a number of panasonic mig welders (Gunslinger 260) with the mig and stick capabilities, and have played with the 260P with the plasma. This plasma unit is pretty limited to gauge material since it is only a 35 amp plasma unit. The mig output is actually pretty decent. Of all the units I sold, there was one lemon that just couldn't be figured out. The older style mig/stick switch was a big problem with this unit, but overall, a decent machine. If you are looking for a mig unit with a small bonus with the plasma, you should be ok. If you are looking for a plasma cutter with a mig bonus, I don't think this is the best way to go.

just my .02
Parent - - By pan gunslinger Date 12-07-2005 03:38
Alright..where do I start. I am very happy with the purchase of this Unit.
For what I paid, buys a lincoln 255 with required accessories. The plasma section of this unit is very impressive compared to other units Ive used such as thermal dynamics/miller. The mig is very responsive and has a huge voltage variable.. The only down fall I have come across is, no where to store all the cords and hoses that connect to the front of the unit..Its a gunslinger alright, without the holsters.
Parent - - By jay72chevy (*) Date 12-07-2005 09:33
How much and where to buy?
Parent - By pan gunslinger Date 12-19-2005 04:55
I paid $2500.00
QUIMBYCORP.COM
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / FeedBack on panasonic mig/plasma unit