Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / new here,just wanted to say hi
- - By flamed94xp Date 02-14-2006 20:35
i just started my welding career by joing a welding school. its a 7 month program, during witch i will learn mig, tig, arc, and high pressure plate. Cannot wait to graduate and get a job, i am a layed off autoworker so it was time to find a new direction in life.
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 02-15-2006 00:54
Hey flame...glad you found my advice to Pete sound. As I said to Pete, learn,learn,learn....practice,practice,practice..... There is a vast amount of information on the web....and here....take advantage of it. I'm kinda new here posting, but have been following this site for a while. I found a lot of help with some of my own projects and problems and questions answered by another who maybe had the same bugger I did. There are many extremely knowledgeable welders here and many have advanced far above the level of welding I have done. Today there are so many different parameters and structural configurations of metal...you really have to keep up with it. Mostly, I would simply say, if you don't have the proper equipment, or knowledge, don't do it. And, the jobs you do take....give a first class job....nothing less is acceptable. You will be surprised how fast your reputation will precede you. Don't hesitate to ask any questions...
Hey....get a cigar box !!!
Parent - By flamed94xp Date 02-15-2006 11:39
THANKS YORKI
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / new here,just wanted to say hi