Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Solar Mig Welder 2120 Help
- - By calmatador Date 02-19-2006 02:50
Hello Everyone,

I have a Solar 2120 that doesn't weld in the "Continuous" setting and seems like the current sparatically drops leaving me with something that resembles uneven spot welding. The "Spot" setting works fine. Does anyone know where I can find parts for this welder? I know Solar is manufactured by Century but I can't seem to get any info on parts or repair. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

-Frank
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 02-19-2006 15:36
Hey cal,
It sounds like you're having an input power problem. Are you plugged directly into a receptacle and not an extension, and is the circuit at least 30 amps? If you use an extension, it better be a good heavy one or you will suffer a significant power loss. Just a suggestion to try before going thru unnecessary repairs. If it welds in spot and not continous, sounds like you're having a power loss when the welder is drawing current continously.....denny
Parent - - By Century ASC Date 02-26-2006 02:39
Frank,
Apologies for the slow response, haven't been able to check the forum for a while. You have a bad circuit board, p/n 860-573-666. Try calling
WCTA (a new division of Lincoln Electric) at 866.236.0044, then option 3. I talked to them a couple of days ago about this particular part, I think that they will have something available shortly. Be patient (don't
toss the welder yet) and good luck.
Parent - By calmatador Date 02-26-2006 05:12
Thank you very much for your time and help. I will open this baby up tommorow and try to see if I can find the fault in the circuit board, if not call WTCA and try to get a new one.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Solar Mig Welder 2120 Help