Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Applicable Welding Standards
- - By chacc Date 02-21-2006 15:41
I need help! What welding standard(s) can be applied to the fabrication of Forklift truck frame assemblies? I can apply some elements of D1.1, but I was hoping to find a standard which addresses this field of WELDING fabrication. Any advise is welcomed!
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 02-21-2006 15:52
Check AWS D14.1 WELDING OF INDUSTRIAL AND MILL CRANES AND OTHER MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-21-2006 16:07
Here is the ANSI standard referenced by OSHA- ANSI B56.1-1969 . This may or may not be revised by now and not yet adopted by OSHA.

OSHA States
1910.178(a)(4)
Modifications and additions which affect capacity and safe operation shall not be performed by the customer or user without manufacturers prior written approval. Capacity, operation, and maintenance instruction plates, tags, or decals shall be changed accordingly.

So the manufacturer would be the best place to start if you are intending to maintain compliance during repair. If NEW then the applicable ANSI standard should reference welding.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Applicable Welding Standards