Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ratboy
- - By tcseacliff Date 03-03-2006 22:53
I am still in welding school, hope to be a good a welder as you all in the aws sound, it seems like a fantastic industry, can't wait. that being said, there is not a career, job, industry or trade that doe not have the likes of ratboy, unfortunately they breed well like rats!! with guys like him around helps keep things in perspective sort of like having a snapping weld or funny hiss that doesn't belong. you can recognise the flaw and then take corrective measures, but, i really do hope i never meet this particular one on a jobsite!!how scary is that!! tcseacliff-newbie
Parent - By texredneck (**) Date 03-04-2006 08:10
folks like that arent even an annoyance. Just a danged ole fly tappin the window. I figure if you are noticing them they will continue. If you just flat out forget theyre there no matter how hard they persist they will run outta life and die or go fly off to where someone noticed them. I dont even fuss with the likes. They are all out there. Just gotta accept it and move on. ITs a good world out there if you are willing to accept it that way.
CHRIS
Parent - - By QCCWI (***) Date 03-04-2006 12:25
I cannot remember how many times I have been told I am too smart to waste my life doing something like welding. Alot of people think welding is not a good job to have but I enjoy what I do. I kept getting told you need to do this and do that so you can sit behind a desk wearing a tie making more money. I love the working in the trade I am in and I love my job. I would not be happy wearing a tie all day. I do have a desk job knoow for the most part, but if I want to spent my whole day welding I can. I get paid for what I know not what I do anymore but if I get the time I can still walk in the shop and start welding.

In less words. Do the job you enjoy not the job someone else thinks you should enjoy.
Parent - By texredneck (**) Date 03-04-2006 22:07
Very true QCCWI.
I mostly weld, but I do other things to sometimes. Well let me rephrase by saying I mostly work with my tools, and welding is one of the tools of my trade. I enjoy wearing my ole bibs and the whole tie thing kinda makes me feel uncomfortable. But the whole thing about how folks tell ya what you ought to be doing, well I believe thats an opinion. I figure if the good Lord came to me and said Chris welding aint no more good fer ya, I shall change and Ill be a pastor or a teacher or a wing-walkin acrobat. In the meantime Im very happy doing what I do. The work can be very unpleasant, however, I feel a lot of reward doing what I do. Its good for me. Thanks for giving me the oppurtunity to share this!
CHRIS
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ratboy