Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Micro-Welding
- - By abrown Date 03-06-2006 13:46
I am interested in purchasing a micro-welder and accessories that go along with it. I am also looking for a microscope to weld under and am having a little troubles finding any information on these types of welders.
I am also looking for something that I have refered to as "Weld Snot", it is somthing that you put around your weld that actually helps draw the heat out of the weld so no to damage the surrounding chrome plated surface.
Parent - - By DC Date 03-09-2006 21:26
Micro welding in my world is small diameter tubing in gas distribution systems for electronics. Sometimes called micro-orbital welding. If this is the case, no liquid or paste heat sink materials are required.
Is this any help?
DC
Parent - - By abrown Date 03-10-2006 12:27
DC,
Thanks for your reply. I guess our micorwelding is a little different. I weld on tool steel for injection molds. Some of the welds are very tiny where a very small area just needs to be built up 0.005 of an inch or just to build up a sharp edge that has been damaged. We weld on steels such as D2, S7, H13, A2 that is heat treated and hardened
Parent - - By jer (**) Date 03-11-2006 21:26
Hello, I also Tool weld and have looked into the micro weld area slightly possibly to add this capability. Here's what I found so far. Nova Tech sent me some wire samples very small dia. sold in 18" lengths only, and sealed in plastic in a plastic tube.

Try www.usmwa.com and Fred@novatechinc.com

Nova Tech states they were the first in this process, but I don't know this

Good luck let me know
Some places also offer training for you.
Parent - By abrown Date 03-13-2006 16:35
I currently use a Dytron welder for welding on molds and am quite happy with its performance and for the price of $3000 it is a very good welder that runs off of either 110volts or 220 volts and uses argon gas. I currently wled with tungsten that is eith 0.020 to .040 inches in diameter and ususally use filler rod with 0.020 inches in diameter.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Micro-Welding