Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ACCP VT Level II renewal certification
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-14-2006 19:02
Does the ASNT send out renewal notices like AWS does when your certifications are about to expire? I'm asking because mine is about to expire and I've not seen anything from them concerning this.
John Wright
Parent - - By - Date 03-14-2006 19:36
John,
They've always been good about notifying me when my Level IIIs were about to expire. However, if you haven't heard anything from them yet, I would contact them. No sense chancing it.
Mankenberg
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-14-2006 20:14
I went to thier website and downloaded the renewal application. I'll take the eye test (J1) on Monday (3/20/06) and send all that stuff off to AWS for renewal, and then when that returns, I'll send a copy of that off to ASNT for renewal. Boy, the expiration date creeped up on me way too fast this time.
John Wright
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 03-15-2006 02:38
john , are you sending to aws and then to asnt ? aws requires J2 , but asnt requires J1 . i did both of mine in november . they can't be over 7 months old for aws and 12 months for asnt. keep us posted on how you do . willie
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-15-2006 10:26
Willie,
Yeah, ASNT had on their renewal form that they need a copy of my renewed AWS cert to renew my ACCP VT Level II.
John Wright
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 04-18-2006 03:47
john , did you get your renewal sent in ? i almost spaced out on mine . they need them no more than 60 days after expiration date . good luck . willie
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-18-2006 11:52
Hi Willie,
Yeah, I got it off in the mail when we talked about this last but the secretary somehow forgot to seal the signatures with her notary seal, so it came back and has been sent off again. Hopefully it will make it before the end of the month. As soon as that gets back from AWS, I need to send all of that back off to ASNT for renewal.
John Wright
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 05-05-2006 21:38
john , did you get your's sent in yet ? i just recieved my renewal from asnt . sent in april 15th recieved yesterday may 4th . i've been busy lately and haven't had much time to do much more than read post . good luck and keep up the good work you do on this forum . willie
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-08-2006 13:00
I just got my renwal certification back from AWS this past weekend, so now I'll submit the ASNT stuff for renewal.
John Wright
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 03-14-2006 19:59
john , got mine 6 months prior to expiration . haven't sent in yet on my things to do list this week . just recieved my membership certificate in mail yesterday . have been attending local asnt meetings here . very interesting . all of these organizations are very good , if you have time to participate . let me know if i can help in any way . willie
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-14-2006 20:11
Willie

I just gotta ask.

What exactly is a Powderman?

I got this?
http://www.hartinmartin.com/contents/making_powderman_e.html

or this?
http://www.bigal.org/bigberthas/images/nfa135.jpg

I'm thinking maybe this?
http://www.3-18artillery.com/images/a-btry/ken-black-67-68/images/93_Ken%20the%20powderman_jpg.jpg
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 03-14-2006 22:16
lawrence , powderman is a workers classification in outside construction of international brotherhood of electrical workers - ibew . does explosives work usually on foundations for power lines , pole holes , right of way access , etc. altho some explosives are used to make quick splices on transmission lines , they are very expensive , but can save time . instead of hoisting up heavy presses , and where bad weather and time to complete jobs are more critical than material cost . all the new fed. regs. make this no fun any more . but is still the most cost effective method to break rock in many cases . since retiring i hope to author a chapter for up date , in the isee blasters hand book , because no one has addressed this work , and there is no written knowledge published on it . there have been no new people trained to do this work here that i know . most of my shots were critical ( beside hp gas lines , next to other utilites , and under energized power transmission lines ) i still might have to do some in emergencies , our utility still asks me usually when there is no other way . i wish some younger workers would have been more interested . sorry this got so long . will try to stay in touch . willie
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 03-14-2006 20:26
Not intending to renew mine. Hasn't gotten me anything but a bunch of unwanted spam from ASNT.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ACCP VT Level II renewal certification