Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Posting photos on the Forum...
- - By yorkiepap (***) Date 03-15-2006 23:39
What is the procedure to post photos on the forum for others to make comments or suggestions on? Also, to furnish photos of projects or ideas others may want to use or try. Thanks.....Denny
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-16-2006 04:44
[img]http://www.aws.org/mwf/title.gif[/img] would be the method indicated in the help section. It appears this has been turned off. There is always something like photobucket and then past the link.

Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-16-2006 12:06
Here is what I do.....

[a pic of my son looking off the top of Flat Top mountain]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/jwright650/Flat%20Top/Dsc00027.jpg

I post a link to the pic. Use the entire addy and it is clickable for others.
John Wright
Parent - - By thirdeye (***) Date 03-16-2006 15:27
Denny,

There are several free hosting sites, photobucket.com is the one I use too. You can set-up separate albums to sort your photos too. It is a free service or for a small annual fee you can get additional services. Photobucket allows several formats of images, so you can scan drawing details or sketches in addition to saving digital photographs.

Like John mentioned, each photograph has a unique URL so you can paste the entire link as he did, or you can use hyperlinks in e-mails etc. Other forums have different picture posting capabilities and you can upload your images directly from photobucket.

You can also assign passwords to allow people to access a particular album. This is handy for posting photos specific to a particular project. At the end of a project, you can delete or close the album. The really nice thing I like is that I have access to job photographs from any computer.

Hey John, Nice picture by the way.

~thirdeye~

Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-16-2006 17:09
3rd Eye,
John Wright
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 03-16-2006 21:50
THANK YOU!!! To all you gentlemen who furnished information. Now all I have to do is read the procedures so I can use it.

As a Production Design Tech./Welder, I have many solutions for those of you who do repetitive welding for multiple production of the same items. Where I work presently, I have to produce or modify hundreds of the same items. I have to be able to weld both steel and aluminum. In the 6 years there, I have designed & fabricated 2 vertical & horizontal 12 ton hydraulic air presses from scrap, 62 welding jigs & fixtures to reduce production manhour & material costs. Believe me, they were working in the stone age when I started.

I hope I may be of assistance to any of you who may have a dilemma on how to secure or position items that have to be welded precisely and repetitively. I will post some photos of these jigs & fixtures and explain their purpose.

And, John, that IS a beautiful photo.....you should send it to one of the greeting card sites and either you or let one of their writers put some verse to it......just a thought....

Thanks again so much......Denny
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Posting photos on the Forum...