Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ASME Joint Review
- - By tito (**) Date 03-16-2006 13:21
It wasn't too long ago I called upon the knowledgeable people of the AWS forum about info concerning 7018 used to weld stainless to carbon steel. It was mentioned that I was in the process of setting up a QC department for the purposes of gaining accreditation to build and repair pressure vessels (U and R stamps). Well the joint review came and went, and I breezed through it. The whole review took about three hours.

Take care and thanks to all the contributors to the AWS forum.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 03-16-2006 15:36
Congrats! You must have gotten things pretty well cleaned up although speaking from first hand experience, the Survey Team has missed a few things when doing my company that I would have thought pretty obvious but hadn't noticed before the Survey. So your good for 3 years now... keep making improvements!
Parent - - By tito (**) Date 03-16-2006 15:46
Yeah, it went surprisingly well. As for missing something, I don't know how they would have. There wasn't much there in the first place. A really, really, simple demo vessel was the key. We had no previous material that I had to i.d., we only have two code welders...blah, blah, blah. I know we still have a whole lot of room for improvement, and the improvements WILL happen, but the joint review kinda snuck up on me. I only had three weeks to get everything together in prep. for it. When I was notified of the date it was scheduled, all that was done was a rough draft of the QC manual. So it was hectic, but it went smooth.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-16-2006 17:11
Good job tito!
John Wright
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ASME Joint Review