Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Help! FCAW feeds wire continuously.
- - By metprimate Date 03-19-2006 01:38
I'm new to this forum, so hello everybody!
I have a question about my Lincoln 115V/60Hz wirefeeder. It started feeding wire without stop, just with a turn of the power switch ON. Did anybody have such a problem? Would it be easy to fix it, or I have to bring it a “qualified technician”? Any input would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 03-19-2006 03:06
Hello metprimate, it sounds likely that you have a problem with the trigger switch on the welding gun on the whip, to verify this you can disconnect the gun whip from the feeder(unplug the din plug or whatever type of connection that is connecting the whip to the feeder) and then turn the power back on to the feeder, if it doesn't try to feed wire anymore, then there is a short in the wiring in the whip or possibly the switch on the gun has something jamming it in the on position. If the feeder still tries to feed wire with the gun completely disconnected then there is likely a stuck relay or something else going on inside. Depending on your electrical prowess you might try to figure this out on your own or else it is time to take it to a service technician to be repaired. Hope this helps. Regards, aevald
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 03-19-2006 05:22
If you go to lincolns website you will be able to find a spot to download an operators manual which will generally have an electrical diagram. If it's not in the whip that can be most helpful.
Bill
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 03-19-2006 11:28
This problem is most often caused by a 'BB" or piece of spatter lodged between the contact points in your guns trigger.

Tim
Parent - By metprimate Date 03-20-2006 00:27
Thank you guys a lot! I fixed it with your help. Probably there was something with the gun. I just opened it, didn't see anything abnormal, closed it, and it started working just fine. Mystery!?
Again, thanks Aevald, Bill and Tim for your input! This is a very nice forum.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Help! FCAW feeds wire continuously.