Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Advice on a 6010 xray weld test 7018 cap
- - By walterjgordyjr Date 03-20-2006 03:08
Hi I was jsu wondering since i have been welding for awhile more in the commerical field then industrial.Is it possible to pass a 6010 root 7018 cap x-ray test without grinding the root pass out and just taking the hi spots off and running 7018 right over 6010?

Thanks
Parent - By MBlaha (***) Date 03-20-2006 11:46
I have taken this test several times. If you can give a little more info, we can help you alot. I would strongly suggest if they let you, run a hot pass with the 6010. Then I would grind out at least the sides as the wagon tracks you leave might not burn out completly with the 7018 and could lead to perosity. If you run it hot enough, you will not have any high spots. Are you running plate, pipe, what postitions, what is the thickness? All of these are variables that can and do affect how you set up your coupons. Please give us more to work with, and we will gladly see if we can help you.

Mike
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Advice on a 6010 xray weld test 7018 cap