Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SA-250 not welding (code 9022-h)
- - By CV Weld Date 04-05-2006 02:53
Hello group,

I have owned my sa-250 since i purchased new in 1986. I have the cv adaptor installed and also have installed the Lincoln 600 amp cont actor kit. My problem is I have no spark or should say very little, like a spark plug arc. Here is how it happened. On a job one day My ceramic on my rheostat broke leaving it not working so I used a jumper from the neutral with an alligator clip so I could attach to to the rheostat for open circuit voltage control. It worked great for the few weeks that I was on the job. While traveling The jumper came off and when I went to use the welder I had no spark. I put the jumper back on and still no spark. When I installed my CV Adaptor years ago I remember having to excite the armature. Could I have lost excitation. ( ha that's what my wife said ) Has any weldors in this forum had a similar experience. Anyway thank you in advance and I'm glad to have finally joined this forum. I have been reading posts for a long time. www.cvweld.com Don
Parent - By Dr. D (*) Date 04-07-2006 10:44
Have you checked the commutator? I have on occasion with sa 200's had the commutator(part where the brushes touch) get corroded (turn black). While it is spinning at idle I held some fine 600 grit sandpaper against it to clean it so you can see copper again. Welded like new afterward.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SA-250 not welding (code 9022-h)