Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / WPS for welding alloy RA 330
- By dlmann (**) Date 04-23-2006 07:28
Hello All:
I have a WPS for welding alloy RA 330 (P46) qualified with GTAW RA 330-04 and SMAW RA 330-04-16. I think that the filler identification is a Rolled Alloys designation vs an AWS classification. On the original PQR or the WPS, there is no listing for SFA, weld metal A-No. or F-No. The general consensus around here is that the GTAW RA 330-04 or SMAW RA 330-04-16 did not fall into an F-No. grouping, and that is why they were not listed on the PQR or WPS.
We are going to a different brand of SMAW filler metal that has an AWS classification of E330-16 and SFA 5.4. Looking in ASME IX-2001 QW-432 this filler metal is austenitic, class EXXX(X)-16. Sounds like F-No. 5 to me.
AWS classification is a supplementary variable and would not be a reason for us to requalify here.
Do I have an editorial revision here by adding the SFA and F-No. information along with the new AWS classification?
Or do I have a case for re-qualifying a WPS because now I have SFA and F-No’s.?

Regards, Donnie Mann
P.S. Down the road we will may have to look at the GTAW filler metal in the same way.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / WPS for welding alloy RA 330