Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / A way to make sourdough some money.
- - By Raymond 1 Date 10-15-2006 23:24
Will someone please help sourdough so he will quit cring?
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-16-2006 16:11
I guess you gotta vent to someone too?
Parent - - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 10-16-2006 16:28
He does have some valid points.  Honest hard working independent contractors are getting the raw end by these clowns that spent a few hours in a votech and think they are welders.  Even worse, companies are letting them do the work.  Them people like him and I have to go back and fix things right the second time.  I guess it takes someone getting hurt or worse to open the eyes of these companies that look aside when it comes to certifications just to save a few bucks.  I'm with you sourdough!

Just my .02 worth
Mark
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-16-2006 22:05
Thanks fellas. I've run into some nasty types since we went oilfield.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-15-2006 04:10
It's a bad way to look at it but some of us in south texas look at it as job security if it wer'nt for the half assers we would'nt have any work to do most of the time if they screw up they don't get called back as the old saying goes if it's worth doing do it right the first time
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 10-16-2006 21:03
Raymond 1,
I addressed another of your posts on another topic board. Read it and try to understand. It would be beneficial to you not to open a can of worms here.....Denny
Parent - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 01-09-2007 06:30
Thank God for all the half assed hacks and wanna be types in the welding business!!
History will always show that you make more money repairing someone elses mistakes and it is lots easier to collect for these repairs.  Most of the guys you will ever work for are very unwilling to acknowledge that they were also responsible for the poor results because they hired the LOP in the first place.  That understood, a simple "Who hired the last guy who worked on this?" usually gets the check in your hand promptly.  OF course be careful not to insult the man handing you the check.  A little comiserating with him will ususally get you the call back or that "I've got a little work over here" thing.  Since I began welidng professionally at nine years old in my stepdads garage, I have never lost sight that welding is really Alchemy, the art of turning metal into Gold!  Half asses and Hacks are just a part in this process.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / A way to make sourdough some money.