Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / AWS CERTIFIED TESTING FACILITY
- - By RONALD HANCOCK (*) Date 10-11-2001 19:59
WOULD SOMEONE AT AWS HEADQUATERS PLEASE SEND ME THE REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING AN AWS CERTIFIED TESTING FACILITY

IF ANYONE HAS THEIR SCHOOL SET UP AS SUCH LET ME KNOW IF IT'S WORTH THE MONEY , TIME AND EFFORT.

I HOPE I HAVE EVERYTHING SPELLED CORRECTLY WITH THE COMMENTS I RECEIVED FROM MY REQUEST FOR A SPELL CHECKER
Parent - By ken karwowski Date 10-14-2001 02:25
Ron- Call AWS @ 1-800-443-9353 and request AWS QC-4-89 "Standard for Accreditation of Test Facilities for AWS Certified Welder Program" . This will give you the information- how to.
As far as if you can make enough money to cover you expenses?
That will depend on how many people you will test each year and how much you charge verses the expense of maintaining the test facility accrediation.
I suggest you obtain a list of accreditated facilities from AWS and contact them to see if they are breaking even or making money on this process.
Ken Karwowski-CWI
Parent - By don (**) Date 10-17-2001 01:52
What are you wanting to accomplish? It is fairly costly if you just want to add it to your program, but can be recouped quickly if you are going to certify/test welders. Are you a CWI? What kind of testing do you want to do? You need to scope out the competition as well. Find out what they are doing, how, what they charge, etc...
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / AWS CERTIFIED TESTING FACILITY