Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Unwanted or Desired? Posts of foreign members of the AWS...
- - By Stephan (***) Date 01-13-2007 08:11
Dear Colleagues,

please let me ask a question being very important for me to be replied before I continue making comments to forum topics!

Well, you may know, I am a foreign member (Germany) of the worlds largest welding organisation AWS.

I was really pleased when I have found the forum after reading the Dec. 2006 Welding Journal, where the link to it has been advertized, since the German Welding Society Forum is - unfortunately - poor, comparing with what you have got in the US! It is fantastic for me to have found a platform to discuss interesting topics of welding with YOU.

But! Due to I have not asked before I made some comments to forum topics - which might have been a "mistake" - I would like to basically ask latish: "Are contributions from foreign members desired or unwanted to the forum?" It might be interpreted ridiculous by some of you, but it is very important for me personally since I do not want to participate to this great forum when foreign AWS member replies might be unwanted.

Perhaps it would have been better to ask before I made my replies to some topics in the forum but better late than never...

Thank you and regards,
Stephan

Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-13-2007 09:47
Stephan!

May I have the honor to "Weldcome" you to this AWS forum!!!

I already read some of your posts and I do'nt know about anyone else but, I was certainly impressed!!!
Once again, Weldcome!!! "Jemandem einen herzlichen Empfang bereiten!!!"

Respectfully,
SSBN727
Run Silent...  Run Deep!!!
Parent - By Shane Feder (****) Date 01-13-2007 11:05
Stephan,
Welcome to the forum.
I am a New Zealander living and working in Australia and I have benefited enormously by having access to this forum. I also hope that some of my responses have been beneficial to other members of the forum.
Recently I spent hours on google trying to find the chemical composition of a German steel used in the manufacture of O & K excavator booms.Would have been immensely helpful to have a German on the forum that may have been able to help me.
Glad to have you on the forum,
Regards,
Shane
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-13-2007 12:32
Hi Stephan,
Welcome to the forum...please forgive my tardiness in saying so. There are members in this forum from all over the world who eagerly participate in sharing ideas and information and certainly folks from Germany are welcome also. I have read several of your posts in the past few days and I can see from your replies that you share our enthusiasm in regards to all things pertaining to welding.
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 01-13-2007 12:40
Dear Sirs,

you can't imagine how much you are honoring and pleasing me!

A very heartfelt "Thank you"!

I am honest, I have been a little anxious to perhaps not being welcome to this most wonderful platform I have ever seen on the world wide web, and thus, to the community of welders and all those wonderful people who are "addicted" to welding.

You have made my - and also my wifes - day, thank you for that!

Regards,
Stephan
Parent - By Stallsmith (*) Date 01-13-2007 13:15
I can't speak for everyone but I welcome your comments and participation.  The world is shrinking and everyone's opinion and knowledge is valuable.  Stay with us!!
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 01-13-2007 15:02
Stephan, I have read your excellent postings with high interest.  By all means, please feel assured you are most welcome here!
Parent - By thirdeye (***) Date 01-13-2007 13:53
Stephan,

Welcome aboard....enjoy what you learn and please share what you know, it's what we do here. As always, when in doubt, ask.

~thirdeye~
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 01-13-2007 14:11
Wie getz, Stephan !
I'm from Brazil, South America, and I'm registered since April, 2000.
I've had the opportunity to learn a lot from this Forum, and I hope that someone had the opportunity to learn a little from the answers I've posted over these years. 
I feel at home in the Forum, or, as we say in Brazil, like a fish in the water.
Be welcome !
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil 
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 01-13-2007 14:32
stephan , welcome . there is lots of information at this forum . your help is also needed , please continue with  your knowledge it takes everyone to make this work . goodluck . willie 
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 01-13-2007 15:06
Regardless of race, creed, gender, or nationality, "knowledge not shared is wasted knowledge". Welcome..

Chuck
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 01-13-2007 15:37
The more people involved with a passion for welding and related topics, the better.
Parent - By 1316 (**) Date 01-13-2007 17:17
The world of welding is exactly that a world.  Without the input of everyone from every nation around the globe you are doing nothing but restricting the knowledge that improves the future advancement of our industry.  To think that only the knowledge from one country is the only one that matters is absolutly ludicrous.  The best and only way to solve a problem and or advance into the future is to gain the knowledge of everyone.  Each particular country has ways of doing things whether right or wrong.  To isolate yourself by not allowing others to speak is only going to make you fall behind the curve.  Instantaneous input from individuals from all over the globe is the most wonderful thing to happen to the world of welding.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 01-13-2007 17:20
Stephan, All that matters is welding here.

If you have a passion for it you fit right in, no questions asked.

If you need help, most every one here will be more than happy to offer what we know.

If you have knowledge to share you will have a rapt audience.

Welcome Stephan.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 01-13-2007 20:34
Hi Stephan

Very happy to have any conscientious welder, foriegn or otherwise, on board.

By the way, I lived in both Bremerhaven and Wildflecken for a while when in the Army and enjoyed it very much - I would love to go back again to visit.
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 01-14-2007 10:23
Dear all!

Thank you very much for all of your kind replies and words!

You make me be a ;-) man!

Bless you all...
Stephan
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 01-15-2007 04:40
wELCOME ABOARD sTEPHAN!!!
I have learned so much here in my short time as a member.  I dont care where the information comes from as long as its proven and reliable its as good as gold to me.  You will find a GREAT bunch of people here so enjoy and please feel most welcome.  (Sorry about the caps lock problem:)
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 01-15-2007 17:54
Hey Stephan,
I'll just add my WELCOME. There's a great crew here....haven't yet found a problem that a solution wasn't available.....Denny
Parent - - By Cgregory (**) Date 01-15-2007 13:55
Everybody else seems to have responded to this before I could, but just to confirm:

Yes, we absolutely welcome the comments of foreign members on the forum. In your particular case, may I just add that I've been particularly impressed with the quality and depth of your posts on technical subjects, and I sincerely hope that you will continue to post here regularly.

-- Christine
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-15-2007 17:46
Welcome aboard!

The more voices and opinions, the better.

Best regards -Al
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 01-15-2007 18:10
welcome, i just spent 3 weeks in germany this last year, love it. spent most of my time between munich and salzberg. we do a lot of work for a german company (geobrugg), always fun reviewing drawings in german.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Unwanted or Desired? Posts of foreign members of the AWS...