Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Miller Lite-taste great or less filling?
- - By Smokey71 (*) Date 02-04-2007 19:23
Taste great!
Parent - - By monsoon12 (**) Date 02-04-2007 20:00
Im sorry but its both lol
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 02-04-2007 20:46
Michelob ULTRA here!
Parent - By chall (***) Date 02-05-2007 15:31
Both!!! and I'll add that it doesn't give me a headache either.  Virtually every other form of alcohol gives me one if I have more than two drinks.

Charles
Parent - - By new tito (***) Date 02-05-2007 15:36
Only thing it's good for is if you run out of ex-lax.  That stuff will put you on the pot for days!!!
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 02-05-2007 16:27
brew my own. taste great & very filling
Parent - - By Smokey71 (*) Date 02-06-2007 00:49
mmmmmm......beer! Home brew?! I've always wanted to try that.  Can u recommend a vendor with good start up kits?? I enjoy miller lite as a daily drink but really enjoy ambers. The darker the better!
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 02-06-2007 12:36
The best way to prevent a hangover is to stay drunk.  I really don't remember how I came to drink.  I know I started at a very young age, because eating all those paint chips really makes a boy thirsty.  My teachers always encouraged me, saying that I could become anything I wanted, so I became a drunk.  I remember my mom encouraging me as well, saying, finish your beers, there's sober kids in China.  Nowadays, all I can remember is when people come into the bar and say, hey bartender, I'll have whatever that man lying on the floor was drinking.  I thought about rehab, but rehab is for quitters.  Besides that, my Rice Krispies told me not to go.  I always listen to them, because I know they will kill me if I disobey them.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 02-07-2007 17:29
Beer and Rice krispies? Yuck! Oh you just listen to them not eat'em. Got cha!
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 02-07-2007 17:40
one of my first roommates, after high school, would eat cherios (sp?) with beer.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 02-06-2007 15:35
you can get a good 5gallon starter kit for about $80. the only additional thing you will need is 20 quart ss pot to cook it in. they can be expensive, i kept looking for my first one for a couple of weeks. then found a set of 6 for under $20 at big lots. try to find a local home brew shop close to where you live, they are a great resource as are the home brew forums. good luck, hope you try it, you won't be able to drink a miller lite after drinking your home brew(if drinking the two the same night). it makes mass produced beers taste nasty.
Parent - By Bob Garner (***) Date 02-06-2007 21:51
Or you could try Mr. Beer on the internet.  They sell very simple systems.  They have various canned brews that you mix with hops and sugar (for the alcohol).  It's kind of cheating at beer making since you are using pre-made brews but it's a good way to try it out.  And the beers are still way better than store-bought.  Complete kit with a couple a brews, some hops, and some dextrose is something like $49

Bob
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 02-06-2007 22:15
try Home Brew Mart on the web.  Might be www.homebrewmart.com. They are located in San diego, CA and i ve bought from them several times. Only had 1 broken hydrometer and they replaced it promptly.  Good products with wide selection. Starter kits, beer kits, individual grains, hops yeasts, etc.  Brewing beer is fun and drinking the finished product is better. Ive always brewed with a final Alcohol content at least 8% and it doesnt tatse like Old English either.  Try it out!
Parent - - By Smokey71 (*) Date 02-07-2007 01:30
COOL!  Thanks for the Info! Look forward to brewing my first batch!
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 02-07-2007 15:37
i made a batch of 14% one time, and one time only. it was evry good, but after drinking one beer you were to full to have another. it was a fun experiment to see if i could make a high% beer that is drinkable.
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 02-07-2007 16:45
!14%! Did you happen to use a Champagne yeast to get that high?
Parent - By gkcwi (**) Date 02-07-2007 20:02
One of the biggest on the web-www.morebeer.com, also give-northernbrewer.com a try, both have a relly good selection and their brewing forums are great sources for info.
Parent - - By roadwhore (*) Date 02-07-2007 20:44
I'm with you, Hogan. I've been brewing my own for about two years now. Doing all-grain now and each batch gets better and better. I've got a brown ale and cherry wheat on tap, an Abbey ale and a tripel in the secondary, plus 10 gallons of cider, 15 gallons of mead and a white wine aging, plus 3 or 4 cases of random brews bottled.  Who says 60+ gallons of beer is a lot?

For anyone interested, a good place to start is your local Homebrew supply store. Northern Brewer is a great online source of supplies.I'd stay away from Mr.Beer.

Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 02-10-2007 20:30
I once made a very good batch of pruno. My cellmate and I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 02-12-2007 02:17
[deleted]
Parent - - By kipman (***) Date 02-13-2007 18:20
Sorry Fran, but 'thoroughly' is an adverb.
Mankenberg
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 02-13-2007 19:16
Correct; my mistake!
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 02-13-2007 23:43
Magnanimous!!
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 02-14-2007 00:17
What does Miller beer and making out in a canoe have in common?--------------------Both F@#$%ing near water.
Parent - By UCSB (**) Date 03-21-2007 18:33
Looks like we have 4 or 5 brewmasters on here.
I like my own best. I buy my supplies from Mr Suds in Ventura, CA
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-19-2007 00:17
none of the above
Parent - - By shooterfpga (*) Date 02-20-2007 21:07
prefer budlight, san miguel red horse, sapporo, asahi, shinerbock.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-22-2007 23:29
The other day I was "pressured" into a few shots from a mason jar. Smoooooooooth, baby!! Mellow to the max, with no hang over. Man, if only I knew how.....
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-19-2007 10:21 Edited 04-19-2007 10:27
Premium Tequila

Pinapple juice

Grenadine optional   OR

all premium liquores  DO NOT SKIMP
2 prts rum
2 prts tequila
2 prts vodka
2 prts gin
2 prts triple sec

poured over ice and shaken then strained into another glass of ice....add 1/2-1 teaspoon lemon juice and a splash of COKE to taste.

Two of them and you will forget all about the pains of walking red iron all day gauranteed!!!

(actually a very sedate easy to drink drink..but dangerous.....will cause bleeding ulcers very quickly    shit man its pure whiskey!!!)
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-19-2007 10:31 Edited 05-12-2007 09:41
swnorris

"The best way to prevent a hangover is to stay drunk.  I really don't remember how I came to drink.  I know I started at a very young age, because eating all those paint chips really makes a boy thirsty.  My teachers always encouraged me, saying that I could become anything I wanted, so I became a drunk.  I remember my mom encouraging me as well, saying, finish your beers, there's sober kids in China.  Nowadays, all I can remember is when people come into the bar and say, hey bartender, I'll have whatever that man lying on the floor was drinking.  I thought about rehab, but rehab is for quitters.  Besides that, my Rice Krispies told me not to go.  I always listen to them, because I know they will kill me if I disobey them."

yea what he said  he has it going on kids listen to him intently   END THE SUFFERING@@!@@@   swnorris has it down ...has it going on!!!!
Parent - By Smokey71 (*) Date 04-21-2007 01:30
mmmmmmm...bleeding ulcers.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-21-2007 13:33
Who are you calling crazy?!!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-12-2007 09:38
there is good money in welding and brazing up stills ...Kids....plus fringe benifits.  You know the rumrunners are getting into exotics so study those code and technique books.... ROFLMAO!!!!

I would like to get into homebrewing seriously tho...had a customer once who did it and I was amazed at how good some of the stuff he brought to the shop was....WAY WAY better than any commercial brewI ever had.  He brought it in 16oz plastic coke bottles...I turned my nose up at first ( I only drink beer from a  glass)...but dang  some of it was seriously kick butt!!!!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Miller Lite-taste great or less filling?